Stand bags have come a long way from when they were first introduced to the golf world. Now they have many accessibility options, and a lot have higher cart compatibility. Buyers that want a high tier bag to match their equipment should find everything they need from this stand bag list.
- Top 9 Golf Stand Bags
- Sun Mountain Golf 2018 3.5 LS Stand Bag
- Titleist Men’s 14 Way Stand Bag
- PING 2018 HOOFERLITE 181 STAND GOLF BAG 07
- Callaway Golf 2018 Fusion Zero Stand Bag
- Callaway Golf 2018 Hyper Lite 5 Stand Bag
- Taylor Made Flextech Crossover Stand Bag
- Taylor Made Flextech Stand Bag
- Callaway Golf Capital Stand Bag
- TANGKULA Golf Stand Bag
Top 9 Golf Stand Bags
Sun Mountain Golf 2018 3.5 LS Stand Bag
- Highly durable carbon fiber legs are ultra-lightweight and strong for a sturdy stand on all terrain
- 4-way Top Dividers
- High-density foam straps are even more comfortable
The Sun Mountain 2018 3.5 LS is a great way to start off the list. It is a mid-priced golf bag that comes highly regarded by multiple players. There are nine total colors to choose from, all showing off the flashiness of the Sun Mountain design. It is one of the better looking bags on the list and caters to male and female players. A spacious four way top with dividers keeps your clubs separated and ready for use. With all of the great designs, this is one bag that caters to a lot of people.
Who’s It For?
Beginners and intermediates will get the most use out of this bag. It has a good weight, plenty of space and comes with a good carrying system. Professionals will find the bag lacks a lot of top tier features for a full day’s worth of golf. If they add a few bells and whistles in an updated model, then this bag will be suitable for every player.
- Thick carbon fiber legs
- X-strap system makes it easier to adjust the carrying straps
- Plenty of colors to choose from
- Side sleeve for water bottle is average in size
Titleist Men’s 14 Way Stand Bag
- Stand bags
- Dry grip bottom
- Rain hood and towel ring
Titleist has always put forth their best efforts when it comes to their golf bags. This 14 way stand bag is no different, providing multiple options that even the pickiest consumer can’t turn away. The first thing you’ll notice about the bag is the sleek professional look, as it sports an all-black design. At the top it is spacious to accommodate large and small clubs alike. Stand legs are easy to deploy and hold up well even when the bag is full. Since this is at the mid-range price, it is a great value for golfers that want a top tier bag.
Who’s It For?
Intermediates and professionals will get the most use out of this golf bag. It has a bit too much pro features for a beginner. They won’t be able to fully utilize the bag for what it’s worth without gaining more experience.
- Plenty of space for clubs and accessories
- Matching rain cover included
- Fourteen way divider
- Small enough to fit on push carts
- Stand legs are high quality
- Tough outer material
- Shoulder strap is fixed for the right lead shoulder
PING 2018 HOOFERLITE 181 STAND GOLF BAG 07
- SILVER/NAVY/ELECTRIC GREEN
One of the surprising things about the Hooferlite 181 is that it’s available at a low price. This is one of the best bags on the list at an unbeatable price. It comes in a color mixture of silver/navy/electric green that stands out but isn’t an eyesore. Even the legs maintain a stylish look with a branded logo and mixtures of green and black. The tough material and four way top is a nice touch, and complimented by padded shoulder straps and hip pads. This is one of the better deals for any Ping bag and well worth spending money on.
Who’s It For?
Beginners and intermediate level players will use the bag to its fullest capabilities. There is plenty of space, features and long lasting appeal to the Hoofer lite series. The only reason it isn’t recommended for professionals is the four way top. Other than that, it is a great value bag.
- Only weighs eight pounds
- Four way top has plenty of space for custom clubs
- Tough polyester with rip-stop construction
- Seven pockets with plenty of room
- Velour lined valuables pocket
- Large water bottle pocket
- Would be perfect if it was a fourteen way top
Callaway Golf 2018 Fusion Zero Stand Bag
- Carbon fiber legs
- Light weight and extremely durable nylon fabric
- YKK zippered valuables pocket
Buyers interested in the 2018 Fusion Zero are usually attracted to its design. Available colors are navy/royal/red, black/titanium/white, titanium/neon yellow/black and titanium/red/white. It is one of the most varied color schemes out of all the Callaway golf bags. But that shouldn’t detract from its top tier construction with its fabric and carbon legs. Even the zippers on the valuables pocket is built to last long years of golf abuse. The low priced 2018 Fusion Zero is a huge improvement in the series that goes far beyond its good looks and color choices.
Who’s It For?
This isn’t as simple as it seems if you factor in the color schemes. The features makes it perfect for all levels, but the actual color/design means that it will most likely be better for beginners and intermediate players. Marketing for the bag is all over the place, so it will come down to user preference or the course rules.
- The lightest bag in the Callaway catalog
- Cell phone and valuables pocket
- Low overall price
- Lots of pockets to store accessories
- Color choices make it a hard sell for professional level players
Callaway Golf 2018 Hyper Lite 5 Stand Bag
- Magnetic easy access valuable pocket
- New easy outward club positioning
- Self-balancing, x-act fit strap System
If the Fusion series isn’t your cup of tea then the 2018 Hyper Lite 5 is a great alternative. It also has a lot of color choices like the Fusion; navy/red/white, black/blue/pink, black/titanium/white, titanium/red/black and white/titanium/orange. The difference with this color scheme is that at least one of the designs (black/titanium/white) is suitable for professional use. When carrying, the x-act strap system keeps everything balanced. Premium features like the strap down umbrella bungee are a nice touch to the overall aesthetics of the bag. If you’re a fan of Callaway, then this mid-priced golf bag will more than meet your needs.
Who’s It For?
Because of the variation in designs, this bag is suitable for all golfing levels. It is a great choice for professionals that liked the Fusion series but didn’t like the available colors. For beginners and intermediates, there are a ton of features that turn this bag into a stand out.
- Valuables pocket is magnetic
- Umbrella bungie is high quality
- Individual cell phone sleeve handles large smartphones
- Comfortable dual back saver straps
- Full dividers for each club are included
- Average stand legs
Taylor Made Flextech Crossover Stand Bag
- Easily accessible insulated water bottle pocket
- Keeps valuables protected from weather and scratching
- Quick release, dual density strap
A TaylorMade golf bag is always a strong choice when you need top tier options. The mid-priced Flextech Crossover comes in black, red, navy or gray. All designs are professional looking without holding onto a traditional plain look. Star features of this bag are the strap system and its highly compatible cart size. You can go from carrying this on your back to putting it in a cart without having to make a lot of adjustments. Because of the cart friendly design, it is also a suitable replacement for a cart bag. Although it isn’t marketed as a hybrid, this golf bag is one of the best available from TaylorMade.
Who’s It For?
Golfers of any level will have no trouble getting used to the deep features of this golf bag. It is strong, durable and built for casual and professional play time. If you’re wary of hybrid bags, then this is a worthy alternative.
- Great color variations
- Dual density strap feels great even with a loaded bag
- High cart compatibility
- Strong stand legs
- Only weighs 5.5 lbs.
- Ball pocket is fully customizable
- Premium Velcro glove tab
- Rain hood is black even if you get a different color for the bag
Taylor Made Flextech Stand Bag
- No club crowding with full-length dividers
- Crush-resistant construction with tarpaulin reinforcements
- Dual density comfort strap
TaylorMade earns a second consecutive placement on the list with their Flextech series. The main draw of this bag is its low price point. It is one of the lowest priced models in the Flextech series and comes in over seven different colors. There is nothing too outrageous with its design, so the bag is more than suitable for professional use. Two different materials were used to strengthen the bag and make it suitable for heavy use. The Flextech is a top three pick on the list, and one of the better stand bag choices in the industry.
Who’s It For?
The best thing about this bag is that the different designs makes it useful for all playstyles and levels. There are high end features for professionals, and multiple compartments and comfort features for beginners and intermediates.
- Five way top with full length dividers
- Tough weather resistant material
- Dual density strap for extra carrying comfort
- Great color combos
- Weighs 4.9 pounds without compromising toughness
- Separate rangefinder and ball pocket
- Eleven total pockets to hold all your accessories
- Powerful Flextech stand system
- No dedicated shoe pocket
Callaway Golf Capital Stand Bag
- Padded dual shoulder strap
- Rain Hood included
- Webbed towel loop
The second to last bag on the list is once again from Callaway, one of the dominant names so far. This time around it is the Golf Capital Stand Bag. Although they aren’t affiliated with the Washington Capitals, it would make a great gift if you know a diehard fan of the team. The price is low and there are six available colors to choose from. All of the dividers are full length so there is no crowding of clubs when you pack the bag tight. With the included rain hood, this is the perfect main or backup bag for any casual golfer.
Who’s It For?
Although this is a full featured bag, it slightly misses the mark for what is required of a professional. In that case, it would make a great backup bag when playing casually. For other players, it is a fantastic bag that has everything they need for a full day of golfing.
- Fantastic design with multiple color schemes
- Five way full length divider
- Webbed towel loop
- Works well as a ladies bag
- Fits up to fourteen clubs depending on the size
- Roomy apparel pocket
- May be too small for some users
TANGKULA Golf Stand Bag
- There are 7 pockets on this bag
- Bag Length: 32.5”
- Aluminum paintfoot pipe support
Last on the list is a golf bag from Tangkula, one of the unappreciated companies in the industry. This is an extremely low priced bag that is quite surprising when you look at what it offers. Available colors are red, black, green and blue. All designs look nice and aren’t too far from what you would see on other leading bags. The outer material is water resistant and strong enough to handle everyday rips and tears. Compared to other choices on the list, this bag is surprisingly lightweight and easy to handle. It may not be the biggest stand bag you can get, but this model from Tangkula is a huge surprise for any golfer.
Who’s It For?
Beginners and intermediates, and possibly professional players. It may be a stretch to say that professional players would go for this bag, but it is surprisingly light and resilient. Professional players that are looking to try a new company will be quite happy with Tangkula.
- Seven total pockets on the bag
- Weighs only 6 lbs.
- Strong backpack style shoulder strap with extra padding
- Takes up less space in storage than a standard golf bag
- Could use better cart compatibility
Usually Callaway, Ping golf brand or some other big brand would get the praise in this section. But it’s hard not to mention the success of companies like Tangkula on this list. They really made it a point to make one of the best stand golf bags available at an unbeatable price. Buyers should really give their model a chance if they’re at the beginner or intermediate levels. Other than that surprise, the usual suspects round out the list. Callaway is still dominant, providing a lot of choices for golfers of any playing level.
Finding a stand bag that’s worth your money is easy when you have so many competing brands. Their features cover comfort, durability, design choices and customizable options. Consumers will definitely find something that suits their unique playing style if they take some time with this list. Along with the familiar bags, there are quite a few diamonds in the rough.